It’s been 3 years since I bought my Instax Mini 7s. Now, everybody seems to have one, or even two. No one seems to be amazed at the sight of this camera anymore. However, on a more positive note, I have more access to the film cartridge refills now. In the past, I had to let someone who was visiting Korea, HK or Singapore buy a box of film cartridge.
If you’re planning to buy one, here are some things to note:
- This is not good at taking macro shots but you can buy a detachable close up lens.
- Based from experience, some prints will come out as blank or just white.
- This is not a Polaroid camera — the print will come out just fine without having to “Shake it like a Polaroid picture”
- You can use expired film! I still have a stash of unused film that expired two years ago.
- This uses AA batteries so always bring an extra set because you’ll never know when you might go trigger happy
- Always remember that though this is an instant camera — it has 4 settings depending on the lighting conditions — otherwise, prints might come out as overwashed, over/underexposed.