Around two weeks ago, I completed the 18 stamps required for the Giving Journal 2012. And right then and there, I decided to claim the journal since I had a big bag with me and in order to avoid possible unfortunate events such as losing the card…or completely forgetting to claim the planner.
Thank you to CBTL for opening a branch here in Katipunan! Yes, I am aware that my declaration of gratitude is months late. Starbucks, though having 3 branches here, is always filled with people especially now that it’s the planner season. As someone who frequents CBTL Katipunan (by frequent, I mean almost every other day), I can safely say that CBTL is gaining patrons, too. If it hasn’t already happened, let it be known that in a few month’s time, there will be a CBTL cult.
For the record, only one barista actually addresses me by my name. Well, that’s one of the things that I think Starbucks wins by a notch. I don’t know about you but in my opinion, calling out the customer’s name is one way of establishing PR, which may boost sales. Although CBTL has a more convenient way of serving out their drinks –they use this buzzing and lighting disc that looks like a puck.
|Until this thingamajig says so, do not go to the pick up counter.|
Also, I am loving their Red Velvet Hot Cocoa and English Breakfast Tea Latte. Recently, I’ve always been craving for these two drinks except when I need an extra awakening jolt, that’s when I order White Chocolate Dream Ice Blended.
As most of you planner-obsessed crowd may know, the race for the Giving Journal started early last month, so why did I even bother posting the mechanics here? Anyway, for those who are not in the know, below are the mechanics.
1. A minimum single-receipt purchase of any Original Ice Blended, Coffee-based, or Tea-based Beverage, or Frozen Swirl, qualifies you to get a stamp card. Each card consists of 18 boxes, with corresponding drink assignments. These are as follows:
a. 1 Original Ice Blended (any flavor, regular or large)
b. 1 Tea Latte (any flavor, regular or large)
c. 1 Red Velvet Hot Cocoa or Red Velvet Ice Blended (regular or large)
d. Any 15 Regular or Large Original Ice Blended, Coffee-based or Tea-based
Beverages, or Frozen Swirl
2. Each purchase of a The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf product with a corresponding box on the card entitles the bearer to a stamp.
3. Once all the 18 boxes have been stamped, the bearer can claim his The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf 2012 Giving Journal by surrendering the accomplished card to any of our stores, during which, the cashier will punch a hole in the card to prevent reuse.
4. Promo period is from November 7, 2011 to January 31, 2012.
6. Giving Journals may be claimed all throughout the promo period and until 60 days after the promo has ended.
For the benefit of those who haven’t seen it yet, here is the CBTL Giving Journal 2012 in pictures
|Notice how the words “The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf” are no where to be found on the cover itself? Yes, I am perfectly aware of the purple flap with the store’s name.|
|If you didn’t have a rusty pipe for a brain, you would have noticed the coffee bean and tea leaf design, hence, the lack of need for words.|
|What’s your giving game plan for 2012? CBTL also provided a coupon for each month of next year. Yay!|
|For the travel junkie.|
|Cool beans! Now you don’t have to ask!|
I decided to “jazz up” my planner a bit by attaching an elastic band. The band will keep the planner securely closed, thus preventing unwanted creases.
What you’ll need:
- An elastic band (colour should complement that of the planner!)
- A small flat-based trinket/thingamabob to cover the loose ends of the band.
- Super glue
- CBTL’s Giving Journal
- Steady hands
|How convenient! I found this gold elastic band just lying around the house.|
|…also this faux precious stone in my box of art materials. Again, how convenient!|
|The finished product!|